About Me

I am beyond vexed that the lottery has not made me a winner. I am not greedy for millions ~my needs are simple: good books, better wine, and a new vehicle.

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Winter

Makes me go to the "happy place" that features a sunny deserted beach, a pile of books and a pitcher of something sweet and buzz inducing.

I can never decide whether to shovel out the van before the plow comes, then do it again or wait till afterward and move triple the amount of snow. Not that it really matters. It's all the same snow, just rearranged.

I miss leaves and grass.

2 comments:

Catherine said...

it's not the same snow rearranged, actually ... I read something yesterday about how to shovel yourself out in a way that the plow won't make you re-do it. Yes, you have to shovel more in the beginning but somehow shoveling fallen snow is easier than plowed snow.

halimah said...

Hi Cat!!! Need to visit your blog - it's been too long!

And amazingly enough my arms aren't sore - must be the wood lugging and book hefting...perhaps in the Spring when I actually see my arms for more than the length of a shower, I'll note a fabulous improvement <>! I think I'll weigh myself with the 3 layers I have on - I feel like the Stay-Puff marshmallow man.