Just a bit of light reading. It's good to file info away in the grey cells.
Saturday, May 16, 2009
Sweet hopscotching Jesus! Did anyone else see the Bedbug Article? I'm going to doom our luck now and state for the record that The Minion has never gotten headlice. And as far as I know we have never experienced bedbugs away or at home...oh shit, I'm all itchy now just thinking about parasites.
Monday, May 11, 2009
For those of you who still have parents among the living, you may not fully realize how much Stuff can accumulate in oh....80 or so years. It's probably rude to ask them to begin culling their belongings. My mother really only had 50 years of Stuff in the house as she moved to VT after her first husband passed away. I loved my mother. But in all honesty did she really need to keep:
- All her dress clothes that stopped fitting her over a decade ago.
- Her dress shoes, when she stopped wearing heels.
- Her cassettes once she graduated to CD's.
- The portable hood hairdryer.
- Around 200 haircurlers.
- A bazillion tupperwear containers.
- Old, old, old booze. Booze that was in the house when I was a teenager. I won't even drink it now.
- Spices. She stopped cooking when dad died. She never used the spices anyway. Again, been there since my childhood. The oregano is grey.
Fortunately ( so far ) my brother has moved into the house. So we don't really need to be Hell-bent on hoeing out. However it is a Project and a half. Once I get it under control, I'm going to simplify things here at home.