About Me

I am beyond vexed that the lottery has not made me a winner. I am not greedy for millions ~my needs are simple: good books, better wine, and a new vehicle.

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Ending. (Or Beginning, Or Middle If You're The Minion)

My mother passed away Tuesday morning. I'm okay. Really. The last couple weeks were when I mourned her. When she became a shell of pain instead of the witty lady I loved. The Minion has a Zen-like mindset thing going lately and is sticking with the re-incarnation angle. I'm just going with the being glad it's over for her angle. I knew I was stressed and exhausted but until I crawled into bed last night I didn't realize how completely spent I was. I slept the best sleep in probably three years. Because I didn't have to worry any longer.

She was highly organized, so there has been very little I've had to do arrangement wise. Three cheers for pre-planning. It's not morbid. It saves your loved ones having to think when they are most likely shattered. There's plenty to do without having to wonder whether to go with the upscale casket or the cardboard box for cremation. Like my dad said: "I want the damn cardboard box! Why burn up good money? Why should I care what I'm in? I'll be dead!"

2 comments:

Cat said...

I'm relieved for you. I cannot imagine the heartache of watching someone you love become someone you don't know.

I hope you & Minion find peace. She has.

Leigh said...

So sorry to hear about your loss halimah. Hope you are doing best as can be, and getting you some rest.