About Me

I am beyond vexed that the lottery has not made me a winner. I am not greedy for millions ~my needs are simple: good books, better wine, and a new vehicle.

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Do This

When my sister-in-law died in 2000 at age 39 from leukemia I put myself on the National Bone Marrow Registry. All it took was a q-tip along the gum line. Her sons, my nephews are in college now. I keep wondering if there had been a match for her out in the world. Maybe they just didn't know about the Registry, or they did and didn't take the time to maybe make a difference.

1 comment:

Leigh said...

I did this, and was called one time. I ended up not being a match in the end. It seems matches are really hard to find. I sometimes think about that person and whether or not they ever found one.