About Me

I am beyond vexed that the lottery has not made me a winner. I am not greedy for millions ~my needs are simple: good books, better wine, and a new vehicle.

Sunday, January 18, 2009

Like A Comfy Old Surreal Slipper

I've picked up my worn copy of Tom Robbins' Jitterbug Perfume. For the uninitiated, Mr. Robbins is a Salvador Dali painting in book form. As full bodied as a Merlot. Sticky and juicy like a peach. Salacious and bouncy goodness. He makes you dissect the importance of everything from cigarette packs to beets. I've tried to recall why I underlined certain passages; they must have struck me as vastly important back in 1990. I'm sure I'll underline this time around as well.

Since scent is the main focus of Jitterbug, I've been thinking about how scent triggers memory. Old Woodsman bug dope: my dad. Peppers and onions: my grandmother's house. People tell me how nice I smell ~ Mayan Gold, I've worn it for years ~ I'm unable to smell it after about an hour but other people can.

Had a flying dream last night. It was diagonal flying. Which was different.

No comments: