About Me

I am beyond vexed that the lottery has not made me a winner. I am not greedy for millions ~my needs are simple: good books, better wine, and a new vehicle.

Thursday, July 25, 2013

Un-Oaked Pinot night

It's Thursday. The day the lady of the house over serves herself and waxes ridiculous. It was suggested by a Dear Friend that Thursday's be the day I write. I made the mistake of saying I had nothing to say. Dear Friend knows my dirty secret of Pinot Grigio Thursday ~ the reason he knows this is that he opens shameful emails from me on Friday mornings. I am sure as I am laying with a pillow over my face, detesting my 1am conduct, he is several hundred miles away simply shaking his head and grateful that he got out when he did. But being a true friend, he hasn't kicked me to the curb yet. I should also mention that my Dear Friend posts photographs of his travels and other people's prose on his blog. I think I would suggest that he write as well. Now that the self loathing and jabbing is over, fortification is needed in the form of nicotine, a full glass and my "Mom's goodies" mix on the iPod the Minion graciously tossed my way (literally) after I dropped $120 on a new one for his 16th birthday. {{{{several minutes pass, many of them with me trying to work the iPod}}}

So, I have music and wine. I also have crazy peas and kale. I have a new porch with pots of basil and parsley and leggy pansies . Dragonflies swooping around the oh so pregnant hydrangea. The whiskey barrel of daisies on the stone wall that saved the house from Irene. Marigolds, Lobelia,  Zebra grass, and black-eyed Susan's growing in a flower bed I made from the shovels of silt and dirt from the post-hurricane cellar clean up. I cut the flowers for the kitchen table and feel such relief that I can bring something beautiful into the house that grew from sorrow. Endless tears and anger when trudging up and out with those shovels of dirt. I have bunnies eating the lawn clover then hopping down and chasing each other in the pasture ravine. And I have a soak-hole in the brook that almost killed me. Stones moved around, a seat made, driftwood found and left ~ the sun hits it at 2pm ~ and it is a peace offering to sit in her and hear her apologize while my skin cools.

No comments: