About Me

I am beyond vexed that the lottery has not made me a winner. I am not greedy for millions ~my needs are simple: good books, better wine, and a new vehicle.

Monday, February 16, 2009

Pot and Pans

I like to think it doesn't take a whole lot to make me happy. One of the things that helps keep me happy is when I get home from work and find that the pot I soaked the night before has been washed. When I get home and the pot is still in the sink, or has been moved out of the sink and set of the counter...well, that really vexes me. But I take a deep breath. Then another. Expel all the irritation. And simply wash the pot. Because I know ~ and apparently I am the only one in the house that realizes this ~ that the DishWashing Fairy is not coming by to sprinkle magic cleansing dust. The DishWashing Fairy is a myth. And I am going out on a limb here by guessing that the unwashed pot doesn't bother the S.O one bit. Therefore a conversation about unwashed pots would be a complete waste of my time.

So, who wants to guess whether the pot from last night has been washed at some point today?

1 comment:

Leigh said...

I bet it got washed when you washed it. I strongly suspect the dishwashing fairy ranks right up there with the toilet cleaning fairy and the trash picker-upper fairy and the toilet paper changer fairy. They are all myths! Conjured up by tired women all across this great nation of ours.